Listen to Music Online: Best 10 Reasons
Streaming technology is a method of granting certain media such as video, audio as well as other multimedia to be sent via the Internet. Among all the music delivery technology around us, such as satellite radio, CDs, cassettes.8-tracks (maybe we've gone a little too far with that one), streaming Internet Radio has become the choice of many music consumers.
What Are The Benefits of Internet Radio?
1. It can be watched in real time- Media streaming allows the enjoyer to listen to music on the Internet in real time. As opposed to orthodox method of accumulating music online, such as downloading files from the Internet to your pc, the music can be in fact heard instantaneously without using up your hard drives storing all the mp3's.
2. You can listen to the music of your choice- Among its biggest benefits over conventional radio is the wide array of selections to select from. Internet radio offers all kinds of music genres; there's something for every generation.
3. Fewer advertisements- Compared to a regular radio station, the cost of running an Internet radio is far less; thus fewer ads are needed to meet costs. Commercial breaks that continuously interrupt the music on standard radio broadcasts tends to bore-and often bother-listeners, so the superior option is Internet radio.
4. Availability- The Web is everywhere. Access to web-based stations is not restricted by the range of the broadcaster's transmitter as with regular radio stations. As long as you have a your personal computer or your smart phone, you can listen to your favorite music at any time.
5. Better sound quality- Radio interference is a common problem during storms and bad weather. Internet radio is not affected by contending signals in the airwaves and has near-CD quality.
6. It immediately tells how many listeners are tuning in- Online radio allows the owner to track how many people are actually listening to his station at any specific time. Using these figures, the station can be adjusted and improved to make it more attractive to listeners. Traditional radio stations can never know exactly how large their audience is; the best they can do is to take polls and then extrapolate on the data.
7. Censor Free- Terrestrial radio is limited in what it can transmit and what it can't; online radio isn't. Online radio depends on self-censorship, meaning don't listen to what you don't want to hear. Traditional radio broadcasts are governed by what the FCC doesn't want you to hear.
8. It allows you to "catch up" on your favorite radio program- Even if you miss your favorite radio program on the internet, you can still listen to it when you have your free time as it can be requested via the website. Example: Did you miss DJ Tremble's Mix Show? See his artist page to listen to past shows anytime!
9. It's Free!- Want Free Online Music? Although there are some services that require a monthly or yearly membership, most Internet Radio stations, including 977music.com, offer their songs to listeners for free. Plus on 977Music listeners are *paid* to listen, via points earned by interacting with the site, which can be redeemed for cash and prizes.
10. It's Easy!- Simply click on any station link to start listening internet radio. Plus think about creating an account, as many internet radio stations will enable you to build and save your own playlists containing your favorite tunes.